Whether you are buying a new home or building your dream home from the ground up, asking for the help of a senior inspector should be at the top of your to-do list. Although the house may look perfect on the outside, many more serious problems often hide underneath.
This is where real estate agents can give you peace of mind. Hiring an expert for Building Inspection in Wodonga can help you avoid any costly repairs and stress issues along the way. The question is – how can you make sure you choose the right professional?
Here are a few important questions to ask before hiring a real estate inspector…
Are they fully trained, licensed and insured?
This may sound obvious, but in inspectors of Building Inspection in Wodonga are not required by law to have a formal qualification. With this in mind, you should always check that the inspector you are considering is knowledgeable, licensed and insured if something goes wrong. Inspectors will be licensed builders, building inspectors or architects who have a good understanding. It is important to know that you are within your right to request their qualifications and registration information to ensure that they are honest and knowledgeable.
Are their reports timely, detailed, and clear?
After a thorough Building Inspection in Wodonga of your property, a good building inspector will give you a complete report usually within a few days. Before you hire someone, you can ask for a sample of his or her reporting method to make sure it matches your needs. You can use this sample to make sure that the report you receive will cover all the required areas of the building and give you valuable advice on your finances.
A good construction report will:
- Contains detailed information about all access points in the area.
- Contains high resolution images that show any errors, overhead issues or other potential problems.
- Write in clear, easy-to-understand language.
- Provide an estimated cost of fixing any problems found within the area.
Are they knowledgeable and have a good reputation?
In the online age, a simple Google search often reveals a wealth of useful information about the inspector of Building Inspection in Wodonga, you want to hire. Take the time to do your research and check out the inspector’s website if they have one. This should provide a wealth of information on their level of experience, the quality of their previous work and whether other homeowners appreciate their work. Someone who has just started a business or who seems to have negative reviews may not be able to give you the peace of mind you want.
Are they experts in the type of assessment you need?
There are different types of inspection services, so it is important to understand exactly what you need to hire the right professional. The three main options are:
- Pre-purchase inspection: If you are considering applying to buy a home or existing property, pre-purchase inspection is important to make sure you understand the quality of the property and how much it costs.
- Scheduled building inspection: when you build a new home, the scheduled inspection will inspect all stages of your building to ensure that it meets all standards and that any problems can be resolved before the next phase begins.
- Pest testing: The last thing anyone wants to do is buy a home with an insect problem. This service will ensure that your potential assets do not reach any unwanted intruders.