New Home Inspection Cairns
A not-for-profit community service
Zero Obligation Expert quotes
Like going to the doctor or bringing your car to a mechanic, a new home inspection in Cairns can be very stressful and traumatic. When it is your home in the hot seat, even a clean enough test report may bite a bit.
What is a new building inspection in Cairns?
At the time of closing the home sale, the buyer usually hires a home inspector to come to the house to do a new home inspection in Cairns. Depending on the standards of the state, the local inspector identifies health, safety, or major equipment issues.
What happened during the new home stage inspection in Cairns?
A typical home test takes a few hours to find a medium-sized house. After that, the report takes about 3-4 days to complete. The home inspector will go in and out of the house to record any broken, damaged, or dangerous issues with the house and the area around the house or townhouse.
Who Should Be Present During a new home construction inspection in Cairns?
Anyone is allowed to observe new home building inspection in Cairns. However, anyone who plans and arranges a home inspection should remain present while the housing inspector is present.
What are Home Inspectors Looking for a new home inspection in Cairns?
Home inspectors have a long, comprehensive list of things to check at home or apartment.
There are seven major things home inspectors want:
- Water Injuries
- Structure Problems
- Old / Damaged Roof
- Damaged Electrical System
- Plumbing problems
- Insect and Insect Infection
- Problems with the HVAC System
What Home Inspectors Do Not Look For?
Home inspectors do not care about any cosmetics at home unless there is a potential safety problem. Example: If there is a major crack or water stain on the wall, they will report it. But they will not report cracked wallpaper.
How to Prepare for a construction stage inspection in Cairns
The home inspector goes through an extensive checklist. They look at everything. Prepare the test to avoid unnecessary stains in the report.
Here are some quick things to consider before checking out a new home in Cairns:
- Keep receipts for any routine care or services you may have in your home or parts. Make them organized and ready to show inspectors and buyers.
- Clear out the clutter in spaces such as the basement, attic, garage, and crawl space. Inspectors will need to go in there to check for moisture or damage.
- Make sure the inspector has access to an electrical panel, furnace, and water heater.
- Lock pets while the inspector passes.
- Make sure the light bulbs are working and not burning. If the light bulbs do not work, it could be a sign of electrical problems.
- Run water in each sink and bathtub to check clogs. Clear any small clogs with Drano or Liquid Plumber before testing, as this may indicate a plumbing problem in the report.
- Replace filters on the HVAC system. Polluted air filters endanger the air quality in the home and will raise the red flag of the inspector.
- Slope contamination away from the external foundation. This will avoid lower water issues, which is something higher inspectors want.
- Repair any broken windows or broken screens.
- Install unused electrical cords, chimneys, and fluids to prevent debris and clogs. If the caps are not present, toxic fumes can be released into the house.
Why Choose Us
Our quotes are $104.7 cheaper with us compared to market
97.9% referral by the users of our quotes is proof of great service
Peace of Mind
Priceless peace of mind when your life's biggest investment is inspected by genuine expert inspector.
Building inspection Quotes
We do not charge any commission to building inspector so you are guaranteed to get genuine quotes from the best building Inspector